The Azure Pricing Calculator works by allowing users to estimate the cost of running various Azure services based on their workload requirements.
Below are the steps to use Azure Pricing Calculator:
- Select the Azure services: Users can start by selecting the Azure services they need for their workload from a list of available services. These services include Virtual Machines, Storage, SQL Databases, App Services, and more.
- Choose the region: Once the service is selected, users can choose the region where the service will be deployed. This is important as pricing can vary depending on the region selected.
- Configure parameters: Users can configure the parameters for each service to get an accurate estimate of the cost. For example, for virtual machines, users can choose the size, operating system, and deployment type. For storage, users can select the type of storage and the amount of storage needed.
- Review the estimate: The Azure Pricing Calculator provides an estimate of the cost of the selected services based on the parameters configured. The estimate includes a breakdown of costs for each service, including compute, storage, and data transfer costs.
- Custom estimates: Users can create custom estimates by selecting multiple services and configuring the parameters for each service individually. This allows users to create a custom estimate for their specific workload, taking into account all of the Azure services they need to run their application.
- Comparison of pricing plans: The Azure Pricing Calculator allows users to compare the cost of different pricing plans for each service. For example, users can compare the cost of a pay-as-you-go plan with a reserved instance plan for virtual machines.
- Save estimates: Users can save estimates for future reference or share them with others.
The Azure Pricing Calculator also provides cost optimization recommendations to help users optimize their workloads for cost efficiency. This includes recommendations for selecting the right pricing plan, using reserved instances, and choosing the right size for virtual machines.
The Azure Pricing Calculator provides users with an easy-to-use tool to estimate the cost of running their applications and workloads on Azure. It takes into account a number of factors when calculating the cost of each service, allowing users to get an accurate estimate of the cost of running their workload on Azure.