WordPress’s Block Editor, also known as the Gutenberg Editor, is the default editor as of WordPress 5.0. If you’re using an older version of WordPress, you’ll need to update to version 5.0 or higher to access the Block Editor.
Once you’re on the latest version of WordPress, you can switch to the Block Editor by following these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress site and go to the post or page you want to edit.
- Click the “Edit” button to open the classic editor.
- Click the “Switch to Block Editor” button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Your content will now be converted to blocks. Each block can contain text, images, videos, and other types of content.
- You can add new blocks by clicking the “+” button on the left side of the screen.
- To edit an existing block, simply click on it to bring up the block options on the right side of the screen.
- Once you’ve made your edits, click the “Update” button to save your changes.
If you prefer the Classic Editor, you can also use the Classic Editor plugin, which replaces the Block Editor with the older editor.